Why start a blog on closers? Because to me, they're a fascinating aspect of Major League Baseball. The closer position in baseball can be the hit of the town one day and the most hated the next...simply because they may have left a pitch a centimeter over the plate. There's nothing more debilitating than having a two run lead in the bottom of the ninth only to have it destroyed by a blown save.
And talk about nerve racking...I know when I watched Kerry Wood go for a save with Cubbies all last season my heart practically came out of my chest. I can't imagine what the actual pitcher's heart rate is like.
With this blog I'll post updates on Closers from around the league so readers can not only keep up with their hometown team, but also keep up with the closer situation in case they indulge in fantasy sports.
On with the show!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment